It’s officially summer! And that means… TOMATOES GALORE!! This is a fantastic list of 40 summer tomato recipes with I am desperately going to need in a couple of weeks. We have… no joke… 20 tomato plants growing in our vegetable garden. Hopefully, that will mean tons of tomatoes to eat, simmer, chop, puree, slice, can, and eat. Tomatoes are by far my favorite summer vegetable… or fruit if you want to be that person.
I’m always excited for summer tomato recipes! My romance with tomatoes started as a child, where I would pick them from my grandfather’s vegetable garden. I’d have a salt shaker in one hand and a sweet, juicy tomato, still warm from the sun, in the other. I’d eat them right then and there, wiping the tomato juices that flowed down my chin and arms onto my t-shirt.
My grandmother sliced them up to eat with every meal during the summer, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Have you ever had fresh sliced tomatoes with your eggs in the morning? My grandfather made the most incredible salad with fresh lettuce, tomatoes, and tuna – so fantastic!
Even though my tomato plants are just starting to fruit, I’m already dreaming about all the tomato recipes that I am going to make this summer and how I can make them last through out the year.
Here are 40 Incredible Summer Tomato Recipes to get you excited too!
What are your favorite summer tomato recipes? What are your favorite tomatoes to grow?
Summer Tomato Recipe List
- Herb Cream Cheese Stuffed Tomatoes by Small Town Woman
- Italian Orzo Pasta Salad Recipe with Fresh Basil by Suburbia Unwrapped
- Delicious Caprese Bites by Diary of a Debutant
- Cherry Tomato Relish by Eat Little Bird
- Avocado Caprese Salad with Heirloom Tomatoes by Cook Eat Paleo
- Caprese Heirloom Tomato Pasta Salad by Small Town Woman
- Easy Italian Fresh Tomato Cheese Pie by An Italian in My Kitchen
- Israeli Couscous Salad with Zucchini, Mozzarella, & Tomatoes by Shiny Happy Bright
- Watermelon and Cherry Tomato Skewers by Confetti Kitchen
- Caprese Grilled Cheese by Small Town Woman
- Smoked Summer Tomatoes by From Play Dates to Parties
- How to Make Homemade Tomato Sauce by Spaceships and Laser Beams
- Summer Garden Tomato Sauce Pasta by Syrup & Biscuits
- Oven Roasted Tomatoes by Bunny’s Warm Oven
- Pesto Spinach Quinoa Stuffed Tomatoes by Stacy Homemaker
- Tuna White Bean Salad by Happy Foods
- Breakfast Boat with Cheese, Bacon, & Tomatoes by Happy Foods
- Tuscan Tomato and Egg Skillet by Wander Spice
- Tuscan Panzanella Salad by Wander Spice
- Three Cheese Tomato Thyme Galette by Taste and See
- Tomato & Whipped Feta Crostini by Certified Pastry Aficionado
- Heirloom Tomato Cornbread Salad by Taste and See
- Tomato and Rosemary Focaccia by Living Sweet Moments
- Crushed Tomatoes by All She Cooks
- Josphine’s Tomato Salad by Striped Spatula
- Chilled Tomato Soup With Guacamole by All She Cooks
- Deep Dish Green Tomato & Goat Cheese Pizza by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Fresh Tomato Pesto by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Dijon Mustard Tarte by A Lady in France
- Cucumber Tomato Salad by Ciao Florentina
- Roasted Tomato Soup by Ciao Florentina
- Roasted Mahi Mahi with Green Beans and Cherry Tomatoes by Sidewalk Shoes
- Heirloom Tomato Tart by Striped Spatula
- Simple Summer Tomato Salad by Trial and Eater
- Savory Galette with Pesto and Heirloom Tomatoes by Savory Tooth
- Easy Goat Cheese Toasts by Turning the Clock Back
- Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad by Wholesome Yum
- Asparagus Tomato Parmesan Squares by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Easy Grilled Polenta with Fresh Mozzarella and Balsamic Tomatoes by Two Healthy Kitchens
- Tomato Bruchetta by Elephantastic Vegan
Dutch Baby Pancake with Lemon Berry Butter Syrup
Simply the BEST Pork Chops Ever!
All of these look so good, I love tomatoes and so does my son! Thanks for sharing pinned for later 🙂
Nothing beats fresh tomatoes from the garden. LOVE all these recipes…and once things warm up here I hope the gardens will start producing some great things…so we can enjoy some of these great recipes.
Great idea for a post…so many people grow tomatoes in their gardens in the summer and need recipes to use them up
What delicious ideas you have here! I cannot wait for fresh tomatoes right out of the garden, so delicious!
Wow, what a great recipe round up! THese look amazing. I am so excited for fresh tomato season!
Rachel Ritlop says
Wow so many great recipes to choose from! They all look delicious!
OMG, so many amazing recipes to choose from! This is such a thorough post, I love it! Who would have thought you could do so much with tomatoes?!
I love summer and the veggies and fruits that you can work with. I am definitely going to make a few of these recipes!
Denisse | Le Petit Eats says
So much great tomato inspo here!
Marie-Pierre Breton says
Tomatoes in many forms! Love this round up, filled with fresh and juicy tomatoes! Great compilation of recipes!
Modernized Mom says
Some of these look really great. I’m heading to buy some ingredients!
Danielle Cushing says
We are already starting to get some good tomatoes, so this is the perfect roundup for me!
We love tomatoes and really couldn’t get by without them as I use them in so many recipes. Such great ideas here for summer.
A friend of mine likes to always get technical and say tomato is a fruit. I still regard it as a vegetable :). Anyway, I love your selection here, especially the recipes that were breaded like the breakfast boat.
all these recipes are perfect for the summer especially now when tomatoes are so in season and are tasty! thanks for sharing all of these with us!
I can not get enough tomatoes this time of year! I want to make and eat at least half of these RIGHT NOW!
Constance Smith says
What a great collection of tomato recipes. I currently have a couple hundred tomatoes ripening out in the garden. I’ll have them coming out my ears. Thanks for some inspiration!
Azlin Bloor says
Wow, what an incredible collection of recipes! I can just imagine the delicious fun I’ll have in going through them! Great post!
O-M-G I love this!!! We are constantly eating our tomatoes the same boring way (ha!) Nice to have some new options, and that Tomato Corn Bread Salad will be first on my list!
What a great list of tomato recipes! I’ve been loving tomatoes lately. I have a tomato recipe I’m working on and I can’t wait to post it. Thanks for sharing!
Derek | Dad With A Pan says
The stuffed tomato recipes are calling my name! Thanks for the great round up!
Aren’t fresh summer tomatoes the absolute best!! This is such a great round-up, we tend to buy soooo many tomatoes when they come into season, so looking forward to trying some of these recipes out!
What a gorgeous roundup! Can’t wait to work my way through all these yummy recipes!